When embarking on a yoga journey, the joints are more vulnerable in an individual when compared to a well-practiced person. They may be sensitive to hard surfaces and body weight pressure even on a balance collection yoga mat.
Additionally, if you have had a previous history of joint and body injuries, protecting the knees and elbows from extra pressure is a must. The injured joints require more care during yoga practice.
Related Article: 7 Best Yoga Mats for Injured Knees in USA
To offer premium knee and joint protection and add safety and comfort to your yoga practice, we have gathered the best in the market in terms of quality, price and durability, and many other factors. After reading the product introductions, continue reading the buying guide at the end of the article to have a clear idea in your mind before clicking on these amazon links.
Top Yoga Knee Pads to Buy Now
- Heathyoga Yoga Knee Pad
- Yoga Jellies
- Kinesis Yoga Knee Pad Cushion
- SukhaMat – Ultimate Floor Exercise Knee Pad
- ProsourceFit Exercise Balance Pad
- Sunflower Home Yoga Knee Pad
- RatPad Yoga Knee Pad
- HUEGLO Protective Knee Pads for Dancers
- Knee Compression Brace
- Lightweight, durable and functional, these yoga knee pads are one of the most trusted varieties out there.
- The size is compatible with the standard and the best yoga mat for bad knees, with 26’’ x 10’’ x 12mm.
- They offer knee protection without rising too high from the ground. This way the yogi can continue with their practice, without worrying about the knee padding for yoga while changing poses.
- In addition to joint protection, they can be used as a headrest while savasana, sitting on the floor around the house, and children’s floor padding. They are available in a few colors to choose from.
- Yoga jellies are innovative knee pad solutions that can be used under the elbows, hands, base of the spine, and below the head.
- They are the best gel knee pads for work with a small size and offer more convenience if you want to change their placement between poses.
- They have earned the name jelly for their squishy feel; in addition to a comfortable sensation while in use, they offer great traction to prevent slipping during practices; they are available only in deep purple color.
- If you have extra sensitive knees or have been injured recently with throbbing pain, or looking for the best knee pads after knee replacement, these selections offer value for your money and health.
- They are designed with a whopping 25mm thickness for maximum comfort and weight distribution.
- You can slip under your elbows in a plank pose, used to align your spine in savasana, or keep it under your sensitive knees- whatever you do, these athletic knee pads are going to support you.
- According To customer reviews, they are extremely pleasant in touch, easy to clean, and lightweight to carry.
SukhaMat – Ultimate Floor Exercise Knee Pad
- Color: Black
- Brand: SukhaMat
- Material: Nitrile Butadiene Rubber Foam
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 10 x 24 x 0.59 inches
- Item Thickness: 15 Millimeters
- Item Weight: 12 Ounces
- Known as one of the best knee pads for exercise, this exercise knee pad has made an impression on the market and is in use across several sportive camps, including yoga, bodybuilding, dance practices, and more.
- If you knee a surface to support your knees when practicing, SukhaMats are just for you.
- When it comes to size, they are available in 10 x 24 x 0.59 inches.
- The company boasts features like waterproof material made with environmentally friendly components. Each pad is designed with a structured surface at the top and bottom to prevent skidding.
- Do you need an extra thick pad for practices? ProsourceFit is a go.
- Their customers testify of the durability of their products, along with offering a perfect balance while experimenting with different poses.
- You can combine this pad with yoga practice blocks to stretch your body, besides its ability to create a shiny surface for your sensitive joints.
- It appears in a variety of colors, from vibrant hues to simple black.
- Similar to jelly pads, the sunflower pads are designed for single knee use and are sold in pairs. The name comes from the flower shape of these comfortable paddings.
- At the center, a depression is designed to accommodate the knee and prevent accidental slipping.
- Apart from yoga practice, you can use these pads anywhere you need knee support for kneeling; while gardening, doing minor house repairs, changing bicycle chains, and so on.
- Each pad size is at 7.75” x 7.75” x 20mm ratios and is available in green, red, purple, gray, and black colors.
- The smallest single knee pad on our list, the RatPad is designed with an oval silhouette that is marked with a yogi rat logo at the center- hence the name.
- It is made from a natural rubber compound for allergy-free use.
- The rat pad yoga knee pads are extremely lightweight which makes them a perfect accessory for out-of-the-house yoga practices.
- The surface is constructed with an anti-slip texture for a safe and comfortable yoga session.
- The last two items on our list are for those impatient with fixing the pad into the right position on each pose.
- These yoga knee pads can be strapped on securely, offering knee support and protection.
- They are made from Neoprene material that is both allergy-free and makes extra cushioned foam.
- These stick-on knee pads are available in their sizes to choose from, according to your body weight and joint construction.
- Additionally, they are designed with breathable lining in the interior for fast drying of the sweat and prevention of discomfort.
- If you are looking for a more therapeutic variety than the last, these knee pads are an ideal option.
- They are designed with thick stretch straps to support the knee from behind, while the front is protected with soft foam padding.
- They are extremely cheap knee pads while providing support for a variety of sports.
- On the other hand, UFlex Athletics is a very well reputed brand for sportswear and accessories, which ensures that your knee will be supported throughout your practice.
- They are available in a single black color with stylish red linings. You can also check out our selection of yoga pants with knee pads.
How to choose the best knee pads for yoga; Comprehensive Guide
Not only for yoga knee pads but any other yoga accessories I suggest you do good research. That is what we are here for you! There are many products out there and many of them aren’t worth the money in terms of durability, or may not even offer you what the company is promising on their website or product packaging.
Choosing the right products requires research and considering a few factors that only an experienced eye can detect. We always use customer reviews, experts’ views, and my personal experience as a decade-long yoga practitioner.
Wondering what are the best knee pads? Here are some features to look for when buying a yoga knee pad;
A yoga knee pad is thick enough to create knee cushions for yoga surfaces that sit between your joints and the floor or mat surface. This helps to distribute the weight, instead of having it pointing in the joints.
The extra thickness means extra comfort, but with enough height that doesn’t push you off balance during yoga performance. 10 to 15mm is noted as an ideal size when it comes to yoga knee pad thickness.
Traction means staying slip-free; whether it is a yoga mat, knee pads, or yoga blocks, slipping off the balance can easily turn to injuries, almost all the good quality yoga accessories offer high traction products to safeguard their yogi clients from falling.
Although, the traction feature must come with comfort. Hard and gritty surfaces can create further discomfort and make your yoga section unpleasant. So the feel of the texture of the skin, while upholding the traction feature, is immensely influential.
Material counts; cheap and hard materials are uncomfortable and also last a short time. Moreover, some companies use chemical commands in their products that are toxic to the touch.
Supervised yoga brands always offer skin-friendly products, while leaving a minimum imprint on the environment after its life cycle.
Some people also may show an allergy to certain organic materials such as rubber. If you are prone to getting blisters, skin rash, and irritation from using different clothes and accessories, you might want to pay more attention to what material your yoga knee pads are made of.
Ergonomic features of the yoga knee pad are another significant factor. They must create the right alignment with the other joint and spine while permitting the same performance each time.
Yoga knee pads do not have to be necessarily expensive to guarantee great performance and durable quality. All you have to look for is the right product that suits your needs without being heavy on your pocket.
Tip of the Day
- Coffee and health? I say yes! Did you know coffee can improve heart problems and even boost your immune system? There are many types of coffee, and to single out the best one, just pay attention to follow these steps;
- Use a coffee grinder to crush your coffee every time before use; this helps to get the best out of those caffeinated anti-oxidants.
- Use single-origin and low roast coffee; mixed coffee blends are tastier but less healthy. Single-origin Arabica coffees are known as health boosters.
- Lastly, never drink instant coffee, it is the equivalent of white bread to a multigrain loaf!